Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Repurposing and Monogramming


I found this over sized frame at a thrift store for $10.  I had it for a while knowing I could find something great for it to become. 

While strolling through Joann's one day I saw the large paper mache letters ($10) and the idea came to me.  Mainly because I am a huge fan of anything monogrammed.  I found this great fabric in muted robin's egg blue, green, red and ivory and created this lovely piece that now sits above my couch in the center of my living room.

I found a piece of cardboard large enough to fit the back side of the frame and tightly wrapped the fabric around and secured it with duct tape.  I am sure there is a more elegant way to secure it, but this worked just fine!  I will say that I think a piece of foam board may have worked better to ensure a bit more stability.

The fabric was the most expensive item on the board ($20), but I think it is was well worth it.  It ties all of the colors of my living room and kitchen together and provides a very personalized focal point.

This has quickly become one of my favorite items in our living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment